Monday, July 7, 2008

Memories of Beloved Recipies

My 97 year old grandmother, who is the most amazing cook ever and always cooked from memory has lost/misplaced her handwritten recipes. I am the only one who has the entire collection of these wonderful recipes. I had to sit by her side years ago to watch and measure her handful of this and pinch of that to get the true recipes, as she made these dishes.

So now I am returning the favor and mailing them to her. At first, I just put them in an envelope but then decided to make it into a folder deserving to hold such masterpieces. It came out lovely and I only wish I could see her face when she opens it and perhaps sit by her side as she cooks one of these delicious delights.

Her most amazing dish you ask? In my opinion: the hand tossed salad she made from her home grown vegetables with the vinaigrette she made in the bowl. A hand tossed dressing I could never duplicate. My brother's favorite, her turkey stuffing, my other brother loves her enchilada's and my husband and my sister, her red Chile pork. My children love her meatballs with spaghetti and my mom, her beef soup. Valerie

No comments: