Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Whirlwind Art Week-end

Another fun and art filled week-end! Friday tarted with an altered/distressed assemblage class at My Daughter's Wish with Tim Holtz. We made three amazing pendants with collage, glass and Tim Holtz metals and found objects. That evening, I joined my friend Florence for her birthday crop at a local scrapbooking store, Scrapbook U. Early Saturday, another great class with Tim Holtz. Did you know that you can paint on acrylic and transparencies with alcohol ink and a water brush filled with blending solution (Ranger). It is much like painting with water colors except you get the brilliance of the alcohol inks and you can paint on virtually any surface. I have always enjoyed using alcohol inks but it was kind of a hit or miss on where the color went. With this techniques you get precise control of the color. On Sunday, another great day of fun and unique finds at the Alameda Antique Flea market with my friends Lisa and Daniela!

1 comment:

The Blonde Duck said...

I love your work! It's gorgeous! Too bad you don't teach classes down here in Texas!