Monday, April 6, 2009

Mermaid Swap Due Date Changed!


I have pushed out the due date for the Mermaid swap to April 30th. There are over 35 participants so far. It has been a while since I blogged so let me update you on what I have been up to.

Last month I took several classes from two amazing artists: Kelly Kilmer and Lisa Guerin. Kelly is a collage artist who likes to create and re-purpose books. She takes collage layering to a new level and is quite inspirational in her classes. One of the classes I took with her ( I took two) was called the swatch book. We assembeled stacks of paper from old childrens books then bound them together with a simple pamplet stich. We then collaged on each page with scraps and bits from her wonderful collection. In the same week-end ( you know feast or famine) I was lucky enough to take two classes with paper artist; Lisa Guerin. The first was a gypsy necklace class where we took shrink art to the next level. With clear and white shrink plastic we stamped the afternoon away. It was the second class that rocked my world. I never would never have guessed how much fun I would have making paper dolls. For three hours we created from various stamps. It was great and I learned many new stamping techniques.

3 comments:

Lisa Super said...

Cute paper doll. Anytime you're ready to teach a book binding class I'm in.

Birds of a Feather said...

Fabulous!

Just wanted to say hello!

Looking forward to meeting you at Art, Paperie & Pleasantries ~ soon!

xo Heidi

Casey said...

Lucky lady! I did one of Kelly's online classes in February. That's the only kind I ever seem to take anymore!